Cho Oyo stands high above the Tibetan plains on the Nepal / Tibet border, and is an ideal choice for mountaineers ready to test themselves on the eight thousands. The world’s sixth highest mountain was first climbed by S. Moechler, H. Tichy and P. Dawa Lama in 1954. On a good day the view from the summit plateau is breathtaking, in a sweep you take in the entire panorama of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Chamlang, Ama Dablam and other peaks of the Khumbu.
The Austrians were the first to step onto the snow–dome summit of Cho Oyo back in 1954. This massif is arguably the most technically straightforward, accessible and safe to climb. These days there are more than four different routes on Cho Oyo with the Tibetan north side offering several worthy first ascent possibilities.
We enter Tibet via Zhangmu and then drive to Old Tingri, from where the trekking begins. Base Camp, Chinese, is situated at an altitude of 5000m with the advanced base camp at 5700m and about three miles away from the mountain proper.
As a fully registered company, Pema Treks & Expeditions Pvt. Ltd is fully covered by crew insurance and company guarantees. Our expedition guides, leaders and climbing staff are fully qualified and very experienced on all major routes on trekking and high altitude peaks. We are proud of our ability to guide you through even the most technical terrain with the safest possible methods. We ensure that our prices are very competitive without compromising your safety, comfort, or chance of summiting.
|CHO OYU EXPEDITION|
|4 nights hotel 40 day camping|
|Group Size||:||Min-4 Max-14|
On a good day the view from the summit plateau is breathtaking, in a sweep you take in the entire panorama of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Chamlang, Ama Dablam and other peaks of the Khumbu.
|01||Arrival in Kathmandu|
|04||Drive to Kodari – Zhangmu (Crossing Nepal – Tibet border)|
|05||Zhangmu – Nyalam|
|06||Nyalam – Rest|
|07||Nyalam – Tingri|
|08||Tingri – Rest|
|09||Tingri – Chinese Base Camp|
|10||Prepare loads for Yak to Advance Base Camp|
|11||Trek to Middle Camp with Yaks|
|12||Trek to Cho Oyo Base Camp|
|13 – 38||Cho Oyo Climbing period|
|39||Trek back to Chinese Base Camp|
|40||Drive to Tingri|
|41||Tingri – Zhangmu|
|42||Drive to Kathmandu (Crossing Nepal – Tibet border)|
Note: Above day to day itinerary may be change depending on weather and flight.
Package price includes:
• All internal flights and hotel/airport transfers.
• Accommodation at our base in Kathmandu, the relaxing in Hotel.
• All ground transport by private vehicles.
• Accommodation in lodges/tea houses and all meals during the expeditions.
• All staff wages costs.
• Talkie Talkie
• All group and staff tents, kitchen crew's table chair during the expedition.
• Cho Oyo climbing permit
• Full board trekking lodge camping& Food for Base Camp expedition period
• All climbing sharpa equipment and insurance all of staff.
• Liaison officer's allwances equipment for expedition on flight ticket insurance daylly wages
• Hyperbaric chamber bag
• Kathmandu to BC to Kathmandu Cargo of equipment
• Our office service charge
• Sightseeing in Kathmandu etc.
• Visa fees.
Package Price excludes:
• Personal climbing equipment for members
• High altitute tent for members
• Bar bills and laundry. Travel insurance. Meals in Kathmandu
• Tips for the staff and international airport tax
• Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation and helicopter rescue
• Climbing high altitude bonus + Summit bonus
• Extra expenses for personal
• High altitude food, for member and climbing sherpa
• Garbage deposit and epic gas
• Mask regular
• Satellite phone
• Film permit
• Climbing Sherpa summit bonus
• Oxygen etc.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu (1350m.) transfer – O/nt. hotel / guest house.
Day 02: Kathmandu – O/nt. hotel / guest house.
Day 03: Kathmandu – O/nt. hotel / guest house.
Day 04: Drive (123 kms.) Kathmandu to Kodari and after customs and immigration formalities.
At the border, transfer Zhangmu (2300m) – O/nt. hotel
Day 05: Drive Nylam (2750m.) – O/nt. hotel.
Day 06: Rest day to acclimatization in Nyalam – O/nt. hotel.
Day 07: Drive Tingri (4340m.) – O/nt. hotel.
Day 08: Rest of day to acclimatized in Tingri – O/nt. hotel.
Day 09: Drive to Chinese Base Camp (5,000m.) – O/nt. camping.
Day 10: Prepare loads for Yak to Advance Base Camp – O/nt. camping.
Day 11: Trek Base Camp – Middle Camp with Yaks – O/nt. camping.
Day 12: Trek Middle Camp – Cho Oyo Advance Base Camp – O/nt. camping.
Day 13–38: Climbing Period for Cho Oyo (8201m.) – O/nt. camping.
Day 39: Advance Base Camp – Chinese Base Camp – O/nt. camping.
Day 40: Drive Chinese Base Camp – Tingri – O/nt. hotel.
Day 41: Drive Tingri – Jhangmu – O/nt. hotel.
Day 42: Drive (123 kms.) Zhangmu to friendship bridge at the border and after customs and Immigration formality drive to Kathmandu – O/nt. hotel / guest house.
Day 43: Kathmandu – O/nt. hotel / guest house.
Day 44: Kathmandu – O/nt. hotel / guest house.
Day 45: Departure from Kathmandu / transfer to airport for onwards flight.